Wedding dress shopping in San Francisco, Bay Area
Posted on December 24, 2015 by lissakamel
Weddings are always about marrying your loved one in pomp and style. It is an occasion that comes once in a lifetime when you tie the knot and say the vows to be with each other forever. One always wants their wedding to be a memorable event. Different people from different cultures celebrate and marry their partner by following their set of traditions and personal tastes. One can even lend a theme to a wedding and make the occasion even more special.
San Francisco is just the perfect place for anyone to have a wedding. It is a beautiful and inspiring city that is also very colorful, making it a perfect wedding destination. The city is full of natural green landscapes, beaches, parks, bay views, and a sparkling city night skyline that can be seen from any tall structure in San Francisco. It truly makes for a true wedding destination surrounded by romance throughout the year.
The most important step for a great wedding is to have the best wedding dress for the bride. A dress that makes everyone talk and take notice. However, the bride must also be happy, comfortable, and confident walking down the aisle in the dress she chose.
There are different types of wedding dresses available in the market but choosing the best one that suits the bride’s body type and compliments her personality is a different ball game altogether.
Here are some important things to consider while choosing the best wedding dress in San Francisco:
- Go for the right color: Choosing the right shade and style goes a long way in making the wedding day unforgettable not only for the bride but also for everyone attending the wedding. While choosing your wedding dress color keep in mind the wedding theme. For example, a darker shade such as champagne, light gold or café reflects more of a vintage and rustic theme. At the end a wedding dress should showcase the bride’s personal style and taste.
- Browse various websites: By searching the web you will have a great idea of what is trending in the bridal world. You will start to narrow down the styles that appeal the most to you. By looking on the web you will also have a better sense of what suits your body type and fits your budget. Don’t forget to search designers’ websites for trunk show dates in your area.
- Visit trunk shows: These shows are planned to give the bride the opportunity to see the whole wedding collection created by a certain designer. During these events, you can view and try a wedding dress that is not normally carried by the store hosting the show. Custom features and incentives are also offered during these shows and that makes wedding dress shopping much easier and more successful.
- Bring along one or two close friends or family members: While choosing the wedding dress it is important that you get an honest opinion without getting confused by many opinions. So it’s best to invite your best friend, sister, or mother who will help you choose the right dress for your dream wedding.
- Choose the right accessories: Choosing the right type of accessories is as important as choosing the right type of wedding dress. While visiting a bridal salon, ask your consultant to help you find accessories that complement the wedding dress theme and personal taste. There are wedding veils, headpieces, jewelry, and shoes that must go well with your dress.
- Check for sample sale dresses: This is one way to ensure not spending a fortune on your wedding dress which you will wear only once. There are fresh and pristine bridal gowns available at leading stores and boutiques that don’t cost a ton simply because they were placed on sample sale. Sometimes some of the money you spend on sample sale dresses goes to charity and this will give you a sense of pride when you wear your wedding dress.
About The Author:
Lissa and Ray, the 2 sisters owners of Flares Bridal & formal love fashion in general and the bridal and formal world in particular. Before starting Flares which is a leading Sherri Hill dresses store Ray managed another bridal store for many years and was the godmother of brides. Lisa has a hospitality background and customer service is what matters the most to her.
Both sisters believe that having beautiful dresses, listening to their clients, and offering excellent customer service are what made Flares a success.